Mercedes-Benz Battery Replacement In Barrington
If you need a Mercedes-Benz battery replacement or any other car battery maintenance service, visit us in Barrington. Our Mercedes-Benz service center and parts department can get you and your Mercedes-Benz back on the road in a timely manner.
Being a vehicle owner comes with a variety of responsibilities, which include paying attention to the condition of your vehicle’s battery. After all, the car battery is what keeps the engine running properly. The battery supplies the necessary current to the starter motor and ignition system while cranking to start the engine. If you’re in need of a battery check, or a replacement battery for your Mercedes-Benz vehicle, pay a visit to our Mercedes-Benz service center in Barrington, near the greater Chicago area. Our technicians can help to determine if your battery’s in top shape, or if you’ll need a Mercedes-Benz battery replacement.
How to Check the Condition of the Battery & What to Do if the Battery Fails:
- Make sure that the connections are clean, tight, and corrosion-free
- If your car fails to start, get your jumper cables and find another driver to help
- Make sure that both cars are in “park” or “neutral” with the ignitions shut off and the emergency brake’s on
- Remove the caps from each car’s battery and connect the cables
- Attach one of the red clips to the position terminal on your battery and attach the other red clip on the positive terminal on the other vehicle’s battery
- Attach one of the black clips to the negative terminal on the other car’s battery and attach the other black clip to an unpainted, metal surface on your car—making sure that is isn’t near the carburetor or the battery
- Try to start your vehicle
If you’ve followed all of these steps and your car still fails to start, it means it’s time to invest in a Mercedes-Benz battery replacement.
How Often Should I Change My Mercedes-Benz Car Battery?
If you don’t notice any signs of a failing car battery, you should replace your Mercedes-Benz battery every three to five years to stay ahead of any potential issues.
Should your Mercedes-Benz require a battery replacement, our parts center in Barrington stocks factory-recommended Mercedes-Benz batteries for your specific model, which will ensure you hear that rapturous growl every time you turn the key.
6 Signs You Need To Replace Your Mercedes-Benz Battery:
- Dim headlights: A weak battery will supply insufficient current to electrical components, the most notable of which is arguably your headlights.
- Slow or no engine crank when turning the key: If your engine struggles to ignite, chances are there’s not enough current from your battery.
- Backfiring: Your spark plugs may fail to ignite on the correct stroke without the necessary current, resulting in a residual buildup of fuel in your engine cylinders. Once ignited, it can release excessive force, causing a backfire and potential damage to your engine.
- Dashboard Warning: A “check engine” light can indicate a range of potential problems, including a battery in need of replacement.
- Swollen Battery:
- When a battery overcharges, it will build up hydrogen gas in the casing and expand. Do not drive your vehicle or remove the battery. Instead, call a tow to Mercedes-Benz Barrington.
- Rotten Egg Smell: A cracked battery will often leak some of the sulfuric acid inside, which evokes a strong rotten egg smell.
How Do I Choose A Battery For My Mercedes-Benz?
There are a variety of essential factors to consider when outfitting your car with a new battery, namely the physical dimensions and power specifications.
At our Barrington Mercedes-Benz service center, we supply warranty-backed OEM batteries for Mercedes-Benz models old and new specially designed to handle the electrical demands of high-performance driving. Let our team of experts help you determine which battery is right for your vehicle.
Why Visit Our Mercedes-Benz Service Center
At Mercedes-Benz Barrington, we’ve been serving the Barrington community since 1960, and we’re proud to be a top destination for quality Mercedes-Benz service. We’ve built a reputation on being a dealership that shoppers can count on to take proper care of their vehicles when they need it most. Our state-of-the-art service facility features Mercedes-Benz certified technicians who work only with genuine OEM parts and have the tools and knowledge required to deliver quality service in a timely manner. Our service department offers convenient hours, open from Monday-Thursday 7am-7pm, Friday 7:00am-6:00pm and Saturday 7:00am-4:00pm At Mercedes-Benz Barrington, we offer exclusive savings on service to our customers through our Service Specials.
Mercedes-Benz Barrington Service Customer Reviews
“Had a wonderful first buying experience at Mercedes-Benz Barrington, all thanks to salesman Ian Higgins. he’s young yet treats you like he’s been selling Mercedes-Benz for (30) years. Ian not only knows his product (the car choices/details) but he acts more like a Trusted Advisor and took his time to explain to me, all the options to consider. the Mercedes-Benz Barrington team behind him worked hard to make this a great experience for me. Brian” – Google User
If your Mercedes-Benz vehicle is in need of a new battery, contact Mercedes-Benz Barrington.